NGSE: NEW GENERATION SERVICE EXCHANGE
Types of Exchanges
- Short Term
- Long Term
What do I get out of these Programs ?
- A lifetime opportunity.
- Exposure to new culture & customs.
- Global understanding & peace.
- Benefit to both Students & Hosts.
IYE: Inter Youth Exchange
Short Term Exchange
- Exchange lasts for few days to several months.
- Mostly in vacation.
- May also attend youth camp.
- Age group 15-19.
Long Term Exchange
- One year program.
- Living with Different families.
- Attending the school.
- Age group 15-19.
NGSE: New Generation Service Exchange
- Usually for 6 to 8 weeks.
- Vocation visit/work.
- Travel in country.
- Age group 21-30
Which countries are participating ?
- Changes on a yearly basis
Who can Participate?
When can you Participate?
- Single: Generally in May – June But it depends in convenience of Both the exchange Partners.
- Group: Generally in June/ July – Outgoing and Dec- Jan Incoming.
Focus Area of NGSE
- Single: Out of 6 weeks , you must spend at least 4 weeks for working as intern in your vocation and 2 weeks for Travel , Some time internship also have service element.
- Group: Travel and visits to Important places / Industries in the cities.
How Much Will I Need to Spend?
- Single: Airfare and personal expenses and Spending for hosting incoming student (approx INR 1.5 lakh)
- Group: Personal expenses and Spending in hosting incoming team (approx. INR 1.5 lakh)
Apply through Rotary club of your area, Generally In the month of October , and selection is purely on the Basis of your merits / Personal Interview.
Selected candidates are informed by Generally December.
For Individual Selection depends on confirmation from exchange partner , so this may take long time , and informed to you when confirmed.
What Will Be My Responsibilities?
- Ensure all rules of Rotary International are followed.
- Be well aware about our traditions.
- Host and ensure safety and comfort of incoming student.
- Host the student / Team any time in next 3 years.
Why Should I Go For The Program?
- Unique opportunity.
- Learn about a different culture while fostering goodwill and understanding.
- You’ll discover that the world is smaller than you once thought, and that you can gain a great deal.
- Unique experience of being a Rotary Youth Exchange participant.